- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese – cut into cubes
- 1 Tblsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 pkg. party Rye bread
Brown beef and sausage until crumbly and no pink color remains. Drain excess fat. Stir in cheese, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Spread mixture on Rye slices. Broil. (It will only take a few minutes! Watch closely!)
Can be prepared in advance and frozen. Freeze on a cookie sheet and then place in plastic bags. When ready to serve, place on a sheet pan ( no thawing necessary) and broil for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve hot.
Red Pepper-Ham Roll-Ups
- 11 – oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata or pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers from a jar patted dry and chopped
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 slices of ham cut 1/8 ” thick
- pitted Kalamata olives and pimiento-stuffed olives
Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy, stir in garlic, walnuts, chopped olives, red peppers, and pepper.
Spread cream cheese mixture on each ham slice. Roll up, jellyroll fashion. Place rolls, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Fill end of rolls with remaining cream cheese mixture.
Cover and freeze roll-ups for 20 minutes.
Place olives on small wooden picks. Using a sharp knife, slice each roll into 1″ pieces, secure with a pick, olive on top. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 1 can Tomato Soup
- 8 – oz. pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 pkg Knox Gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 – 5 oz. cans of deveined shrimp, drained, rinsed, and broken into small pieces
Heat tomato soup until warm. Add cream cheese. Stir until melted. Remove from heat and add Miracle Whip. Add Knox Gelatin to cold water and let soften, then add to mixture.
Stir in chopped celery, onion, green pepper and rinsed and drained shrimp. Chill this in a serving bowl. Garnish with parsley and serve with Townhouse crackers.
- 8 ounces baby Bella mushrooms
- 2 Tblsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. snipped fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Sourdough Bread
- Olive oil
In a large skillet cook mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper in hot butter until tender.
Lightly drizzle olive oil on both sides of slices of sourdough bread and grill until lightly brown on both sides. They will have the nice grill marks if placed on your grill, but you can also lightly toast them in a pan on the stove.
Spoon the cooked mushroom mixture on toasted or grilled sourdough bread and enjoy the best mushroom appetizer you have ever had!
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat leafed parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Combine all of the ingredients, except the oil and lemon.
Put in a small food processor. Chop briefly until all ingredients are about the same.
Stir in the oil and lemon juice.
TO SERVE: Combine about 1 1/2 teaspoons spice blend to 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil on a small dish.
Dip fresh baked bread in mixture and enjoy every bite!
♦♦ Since you probably won’t use all of this at one time, it can also be stored in a small container in the refrigerator.
Mini Cheese Balls
- 4 cups ( 16 oz..) shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 (8-oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tblsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
Add first six ingredients to food processor bowl, fitted with the knife blade. Process until smooth.
Chill for one hour.
Shape into 3/4″ to 1″ balls and roll in nuts. Cover and chill until serving time.
Using refrigerated pie crusts or homemade pie crust, cut leaf shapes from the dough using a cookie cutter. From the remaining dough, cut and roll pieces to look like vines.
Brush with cream or half and half.
Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Arrange the chilled cheese balls on a serving tray to look like a bunch of grapes. Add pastry leaves and vines. Makes about 30 servings.